There is little left for one of the most anticipated films of 2023 to be released. I am talking about Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania which will be on the big screens this February 17. A movie directed by Peyton Reed who has been the director of the previous ant-man movies. Let’s review a little about what the third part of the MCU movie will be about.
What is this installment about?
Scott Lang and Hope van Dyne join Hope’s parents Hank Pym and Janet van Dyne and Lang’s daughter Cassie on a new adventure to explore the Quantum Realm, push the limits, and take on Kang the Conqueror.
Who is in the film?
- Paul Rudd as Scott Lang/Ant-Man: An Avenger and former petty criminal with a suit that allows him to shrink or grow in scale while increasing in strength.
- Evangeline Lilly as Hope van Dyne/Wasp: The daughter of Hank Pym and Janet van Dyne who is handed down a similar suit and the Wasp mantle from her mother
- Jonathan Majors as Kang the Conqueror: A “time-traveling, multiversal adversary” trapped in the Quantum Realm who needs Pym Particles to get his ship and a device online that would allow him to go anywhere and when in time.
- Michelle Pfeiffer as Janet van Dyne: Pym’s wife, Hope’s mother, and the original Wasp, who was lost in the Quantum Realm for 30 years.
- Michael Douglas as Hank Pym: A former S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, entomologist, and physicist who became the original Ant-Man after creating the suit.
- Kathryn Newton as Cassie Lang: Scott’s daughter.
Does Ant-man and the Wasp: Quantumania have positive reviews?
On the web aggregator, Rotten Tomatoes the film has a 58% out of 100%, in comparison with the previous movies this film has the lowest score on the website. Rotten Tomatoes critics consensus says “ Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania mostly lacks the spark of fun that elevated earlier adventures, but Jonathan Majors’ Kang is a thrilling villain poised to alter the course of the MCU”. On Metacritic, the film has a 50 out of 100 indicating “Mixed or average reviews”.