London Fashion Week 2023 is set to be a hybrid event, combining digital and physical shows, presentations, and panel discussions. The event will take place from 9th to 12th June and 15th to 19th September, showcasing both menswear and womenswear collections from established and emerging designers.
Some of the anticipated trends for the season include:
– A focus on sustainability, craft, and diversity, as designers explore new ways of creating and presenting fashion that is mindful of the environment and social issues.
– A mix of classic and contemporary styles, as designers revisit iconic British heritage brands such as Burberry, Christopher Kane, and Erdem, while also introducing new influences and innovations.
– A fusion of fashion, culture, and technology, as designers collaborate with artists, musicians, and digital platforms to create immersive and interactive experiences for the audience.
Some of the highlights of the event include:
– The debut of Daniel Lee as the new creative director of Burberry, who will present his first collection for the luxury brand on 10th June.
– The return of QASIMI, SMR Days, and Saul Nash, who are among the recipients of the BFC NEWGEN support scheme, which provides mentoring and funding for emerging talent.
– The showcase of Ravensbourne University London, a BFC Colleges Council Member, which will feature the work of its fashion students and graduates on 11th June.
– The launch of a new platform focused on Menswear, which will amplify the voices and visions of British menswear designers and celebrate their contribution to the global fashion industry.
London Fashion Week 2023 is expected to attract thousands of visitors, media, and buyers from around the world, who will be able to access the digital platform and view the content for free. The platform will also offer opportunities for collaboration and engagement with the designers and their collections.
London Fashion Week 2023 is more than just a fashion show. It is a celebration of British creativity, culture, and innovation that will inspire and delight both industry professionals and global fashion consumers alike.