Today’s movie recommendation will be the upcoming action thriller movie titled Plane. Film directed by Jean-François Richet. Plane will be released on January 13, 2023 and here are the most important details, including the plot, cast, and production of the movie.
What is Plane about?
Commercial pilot Brodie Torrance makes a successful emergency landing after his plane sustains critical damage from a storm. He soon realizes that the island he’s landed on is Jolo, a remote area of the Phillippines ruled by heavily armed anti-government militias. A local militia leader finds the passengers and takes them hostage, intending to secure large randoms from their families. With international rescue experts struggling to find their location and running out of time, Brodie is left with no choice but to free a convicted murdered he was tasked with transporting and team up with him to save the passengers and find a way out of the island
- Gerard Butler as Brodie Torrance, a commercial pilot who has to keep the passengers safe.
- Mike Colter as Louis Gaspare, a passenger being extradited on charges of homicide
- Yoson An as Dele, a milita commander
- Tony Goldwyn as Scarsdale, a former Special Forces officer who leads the rescue effort
- Daniella Pineda as Bonnie, the head flight attendant
- Kelly Gale as Katie
- Remi Adeleke as Shellback, a mercenary tasked with leading a rescue team
- Haleigh Hekking as Daniela, Brodie’s daughter
- Lilly Krug as Brie, a passenger with a large following on social media
- Joey Slotnick as Sinclair, a short-tempered businessman
- Oliver Trevena as Carver, one of the plane’s survivors after it crashes
- Paul Ben-Victor as Hampton, the owner of the airline
- Quinn McPherson as Donahue
In 2016, MadRiver acquired The Plane from the novelist Charles Cumming, with Marc Butan and Di Bonaventura Pictures’ Lorenzo Di Bonaventura and Mark Vahradian announced as producers. In 2019 it was reported that Gerard Butler had joined the cast and would also produce along with Alan Siegel.
Later that year, Lionsgate Films obtained distribution rights to the film. Two years later some members like Kelly Gate, Mike Colter, Daniella Pineda, Yoson An, and Remi Adeleke, among others were confirmed for the cast, production began that year in Puerto Rico.
The film was previously scheduled to release on January 27, yet there was a modification and it will now premiere on January 13. It is still unsure if the film will be available on any streaming platforms after its release.