Queen Charlotte: A Bridgerton Story is an upcoming limited series created by Shonda Rimes for Netflix. A prequel spin-off to Netflix’s “Bridgerton,” the series focuses on the rise and power of a young Queen Charlotte. The series will premiere on May 4, 2023, with six episodes.
This Bridgerton prequel looks at the rise and power of Queen Charlotte and how the young Queen’s marriage to King George sparked a great love story and social change, creating the clay world that Bridgerton’s characters explore.
For now, only the following actors have been confirmed:
- Golda Rosheuvel as Queen Charlotte, the Queen of the United Kingdom
- India Amarteifio as young Queen Charlotte
- Adjoa Andoh as Lady Danbury, a sharp-tongued, insightful doyenne of London society
- Arsema Thomas as young Lady Danbury
- Ruth Gemmell as Violet, Dowager Viscountess Bridgerton, mother of the Bridgerton children.
- Connie Jenkins-Greig as young Violet Ledger
- Hugh Sachs as Brimsley, the Queen’s gossip-mongering secretary
- Sam Clemmett as young Brimsley
- Michelle Fairley as Princess Augusta
- Corey Mylchreest as young King George III
- Richard Cunningham as Lord Bute
- Tunji Kasim as Adolphus
- Rob Maloney as the Royal Doctor
- Cyril Nri as Lord Danbury
- Katie Brayben as Vivian Ledger, Violet’s mother
- Keir Charles as Lord Ledger, Violet’s father
- Freddie Dennis as Reynolds