Yellowjackets is an American thriller drama television series created by Ashley Lyle and Bart Nickerson. The series premiered on Showtime on November 14, 2021, and it received critical acclaim for its story and cast performances. The series was renewed for a second season, which is set to premiere on March 26, 2023. It is also confirmed Yellowjackets will have a third season.
What is Yellowjackets about?
In 1966, a team of New Jersey high school girls’ soccer players travel to Seattle for a national tournament. While flying over Canada, their plane crashes deep in the wilderness and the surviving team members are left stranded for 19 months. The series focuses on the members who attempt to stay alive. The first season had a dramatic finale which left the spectators with more questions, since season two is around the corner, we will probably get our answers.
Who stars in the show?
The cast has been critically acclaimed for its performance, the main protagonist are:
- Rekha Sharma as Jessica Roberts who is a a fake reporter investigating the survivors of the crash.
- Jane Widdop as Laura Lee, a deeply religious member of the Yellowjackets soccer team. After the crash, she becomes close friends with Lottie.
- Alexa Barajas as Mari, a sarcastic member of the Yellowjackets soccer team.
- Keeya King as Akilah, a member of the Yellowjackets soccer team who is knowledgeable of edible plants.
- Sarah Desjardins as Callie Sadecki, Jeff and Shauna’s daughter.
- Rukiya Bernard as Simone Abara, Taissa’s wife.
- Aiden Stoxx as Sammy Abara-Turner, Taissa and Simone’s son.
- Peter Gadiot as Adam Martin, an artist who has an affair with Shauna after they have a minor auto collision.
- Alex Wyndham as Kevyn Tan. In high school, he was best friends with Natalie prior to the crash. As an adult, he works as a police officer.
- Luciano Leroux as Javi Martinez, Coach Martinez’s younger son, Travis’s brother, and the youngest survivor of the crash.
The show has been critically acclaimed for its story. On the web aggregator Rotten Tomatoes, the series has a complete score of 100%. On the other hand, Metacritic has given the TV show a 78 out of 100 indicating “Generally favorable reviews”.
Yellowjackets is available on Showtime and Paramount+ with a subscription. It is also available on Vudu, Amazon Prime Video, and Apple TV with an option to buy.